Judge weighs potential contempt prosecution referral for Kristi Noem in El Salvador deportations [View all]
Source: ABC News
November 28, 2025, 5:43 PM
A federal judge has ordered declarations from all government officials involved in the decision to send more than 100 Venezuelan men to El Salvador in March to determine whether Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem or anyone else should be referred for potential contempt prosecution.
The move comes after a court filing from Trump administration lawyers on Tuesday said that Noem directed their removal despite a federal judge ordering deportation planes turned around.
The order comes after the Department of Justice said in a court filing last week that Noem directed the deportation flights to continue despite the federal judges order to return the planes to the U.S.
In the filing on Friday, Boasberg said he is not prepared to terminate his contempt inquiry. He said he must decide if the court order was clear and reasonably specific, if the defendant violated the order, and if the violation was willful. The government has until Dec. 5 to submit declarations from all the officials involved in the March decision.
Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kristi-noem-directed-venezuelans-el-salvador-after-federal/story?id=127884456
Link to
ORDER (PDF) -
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.278436/gov.uscourts.dcd.278436.196.0.pdf
Link to CourtListerner entire set of filings for
J.G.G. vs Trump -
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/69741724/jgg-v-trump/
(RECENT)
REFERENCES
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10143565446 (has earlier references)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10143568146
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10143572211